Domestic A&R and Marketing Executive
Universal Music GroupHo Chi Minh City, HC
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is in search of a Domestic A&R and Marketing Executive to be based in Vietnam.
About the role:
• Discover and develop artists for Universal Music Group (Vietnam) and its subsidiary label(s)
• Oversee the development of artist releases.
• Work closely with artists to develop their launch strategy, positioning, social media, PR plans and more
• Manage the domestic marketing team in curating the social media of domestic acts/label(s) assigned
• Discuss new development acts with commercial/digital, new business and marketing teams.
• Responsible for the coordination and negotiation of Deal making process between artists, lawyers, regional/ global team, and local stakeholders.
• Work with artists, creative and engineers to ensure UMG artists stand out against others for their live performances.
• Work with creative to bring artists vision to life in the music videos and content
• Look for creative opportunities to gain exposure for our artists and labels outside the “normal” marketing sphere
• Source and build relationships with producers, songwriters, mixers, video directors, photographers and other relevant contacts.
• At least 2 years of related experience
• Significant experience in working in music and marketing
• Proven track record of identifying and developing artists and their music
• Forwarding thinking, ability to use data analysis to anticipate trends
• Proven ability to develop innovative, creative and commercially successful marketing concepts outside of the usual
• Ability to network and build relationships and deal with situations with tact and diplomacy
• Great knowledge of the domestic market as well as certain regional exposure
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.