Director, Sync Licensing
Universal Music GroupEncino, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The position of Director, Sync Licensing is responsible for overseeing synchronization licensing for Ingrooves. The employee will work with the vast catalog of labels and artists signed to Ingrooves for distribution and master licensing rights as well as publishers and writers under Ingrooves Music Publishing. The individual will liaise with the creative synch community, international partners and different departments within Ingrooves to maximize and grow the synch licensing business. The position will report to the General Manager at Ingrooves and is based in Encino.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Actively pitch and market Ingrooves master and publishing catalog to the Film, TV, Advertising and Gaming community to effectively procure and increase sync revenue
• Cultivate relationships with Ingrooves labels, artists and writers to maintain communication and confidence in our sync department
• Plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns to maximize potential of sync deals by way of email blasts, samplers, artist showcases, etc.
• Support and contribute to Ingrooves Business Development team with A&R initiatives and feedback on new/potential signings and upcoming releases
• Create, develop & maintain new and existing relationships in the licensing community including music supervisors, film and TV networks, advertising agencies, video game companies, etc.
• Responsible for Licensing Team and delegating responsibilities to ensure catalog is curated, tagged and assets stored in DISCO, databases (Music Maestro) are up to date with quotes/licenses, reporting is consistently generated and shared ahead of deadlines
• Oversee and track the conclusion of license deals with Licensing, Finance and Legal Teams
• Communicate with labels and artists to obtain advance music assets, instrumentals and help manage all music by maintaining and updating databases (DISCO).
• Work closely with Rights & Royalties Department to maintain streamlined processes across multiple departments
• Generate monthly reporting to communicate status of Sync business, including department goals/projections, confirmed uses, outstanding payments and general sync highlights
• Attend industry events such as conferences, panels, showcase and mixers to stay current and aware of upcoming sync opportunities
• Meet with or connect with new signings to introduce them to synch department/what we do.
• Maintain all licensing related spreadsheets and Muma (deals, rights, inventory/finance).
• Provide synch history/status lists for labels/artists/writers when needed/follow up on pay-out for labels/artists/writers.
Bring your VIBE:
• 5 years of experience working in music licensing within the music label/publisher/television/entertainment or related industry.
• Proven relationships with creative, licensing and A&R departments, Business Affairs offices and/or persons throughout the licensing/music industry.
• Ability to grow a licensing department and experience managing licensing department staff
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.