Director, Strategic Marketing
Universal Music GroupRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2022 9:43:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Strategic Marketing jobs in Remote-US
Search all Director, Strategic Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville, and Mercury Nashville. Reading like a ''who's who'' of Music Row, the combined rosters include: Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, Boy Named Banjo, Brothers Osborne, Carrie Underwood, Catie Offerman, Caylee Hammack, CB30, Chris Stapleton, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, George Strait, Hootie & The Blowfish, Jon Langston, Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Josh Turner, Kacey Musgraves, Kassi Ashton, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, Kylie Morgan, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Maddie & Tae, Mickey Guyton, Parker McCollum, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain, The War, Travis Denning, Treaty, and Vince Gill.
The UMG Nashville Artist/Brand Partnerships & Content department is responsible for the development of world-class brand partnerships, content creation, and fan experiences supporting our entire UMG Nashville roster of Artists.
The department is dedicated to working closely with UMGN Artists, UMG staff, and Artist Managers to develop and create unique opportunities focused on music marketing and artist integration with branded campaigns, including content creation and marketing partnerships; private performances and corporate campaign sponsorships; and other related activities that further the artist's brand, music, and career.
The team is responsible for developing strategic partnerships that mutually benefit both brands and our artists. They are involved in the creative process and the execution of events and experiences; and ultimately enable brands and agencies to work with Universal Music Group's extraordinary music talent.
How you'll CREATE:
New Business Development
• Responsible for all outreach and primary relationship driver, directly with brands as well as their Advertising, Marketing and Promotions agencies with the goal of generating revenue with branded campaigns, marketing partnerships, sponsorships and other activities that further success of the UMGN roster, its artist's brand, music and career.
• Work with UMG legal and Business Affairs, UMG Licensing and Artist Managers to negotiate, close and execute all deals, inclusive of planning, forecasting, and delivery of the event experience.
• Work with our partners and collaborate with internal UMG staff to create and activate unique campaigns, music events and media opportunities for our artists, often incorporating the license of recorded music for TV, radio, digital, social media, out of home and print mediums.
• Cultivation of new and existing partner relationships focused on incremental project/revenue generating opportunities, including product integration, corporate events, and brand experiences.
• Work closely within UMGN to develop strategies and plans that will align campaigns with the appropriate timing, and then market our artists' participation once the campaigns are launched.
• Assist marketing and promotions team with launch and event planning and execution, as needed.
• Create and maintain applicable marketing budgets. Project and approve project expenditures, reconcile detail logs, and attend associated applicable budget meetings.
• Manage applicable vendor selection, payment, and expense reconciliation for project budgets.
• Coordinate artist travel associated with content production and appearances, serving as point person between UMGN administrative support and artist management.
• Serve as point person for all associated marketing events (retail, trade show appearances, ''special guest'' appearances, etc.)
• Maintain reporting of metrics and performance benchmarks (e.g., site traffic, views, attendees, revenue) for internal distribution of branded content programs.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish