Director, Site Experience
Universal Music GroupPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
Merchandise and commerce is part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Director of Site Experience to drive development of best-in-class eCommerce sites, enhancing the customer experience across stores for many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. This person must be tapped into the eCommerce and digital landscape and be prepared to innovate and improve how customers shop and receive service from end to end.
This role will work cross-functionally with customer activation & retention, store management, front and back end development teams, as well as creative and product development teams, to continue to refine and elevate the customer experience across our stores.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Oversee concept development, testing and implementation of site experience initiatives
• Own and optimize storefront customer journeys and end-to-end user experience
• Partner with customer activation & retention, fan experience, creative, product development, store management and other stakeholders to spearhead the build of digital touchpoints across the customer journey
• Collaborate with center tech team to create and roll out new web and mobile initiatives and ongoing enhancements
• Serve as a strong advocate for the end-user, armed with quantitative and qualitative data that provides analysis and insights into ways to continuously improve and innovate the eCommerce customer experience
• Continue to define and execute against a digital roadmap
• Develop and document streamlined UX processes, web guidelines, and procedures
• Stay informed of industry and technical trends, changes, and developments to ensure team is always striving for best in class work
• Deliver site experiences that delight fans while meeting artist needs, working with our label & client engagement teams to understand label, rights owner, and artist requirements.
Bring your VIBE:
• 7-10 years experience working in a digital experience or site experience capacity, combining UI/UX design experience, technical knowledge, and customer-focused web development
• A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) is required in Graphic Design, Computer Science, or related discipline preferred
• Ecommerce and Shopify platform experience are a must
• Strong understanding of latest online marketing concepts, tactics, strategy and best practices, focusing on the end customer experience
• Knowledge of creating A/B and/or multivariate tests
• Knowledge of Agile / Scrum, particularly as related to modern development environments for web and mobile
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on detail
• Strong strategic, conceptual, and leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.