Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Interscope Geffen & A&M Records is eager to find a Director of Publicity to join the team.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Develop and manage strategic, engaging and attention-grabbing multi-platform PR campaigns for a range of artists with focus on Pop.
• Develop and continue to grow your existing connections with multi-platform media groups and providers, print and online journalists, influencers, etc.
• Pitch and secure national and regional exposure for emerging and high-profile artists via print, TV and online media
• High Level contacts at all music-relevant print publications, influential blogs, sites and bookers.
• Produce a weekly report for each frontline act on the label.
• Research and develop ideas for content generation, as well as seeding and submission of the content to relevant sources.
• Implement grassroots media and development campaigns for artists entering marketplace and/or in early career phase
• Write, create and distribute pitch letters, press releases, and media rollout campaigns
• Manage artists’ schedules and interviews; organized press tours for new album releases and tour launches
• Manage budget allocation and supervise vendor payment and invoicing for all publicity related costs
• Team player
• Have knowledge of music and online music culture.
• Coordinate special events including album release parties and showcases
• Manage guest lists for high-profile events; supervise red carpet arrivals at major press events including award shows and more.
Bring your VIBE:
• 10 years’ experience working in music publicity
• Excellent understanding of the US music landscape and culture with focus on Pop, Urban a plus
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a proven and established PR network including high Level contacts at all music-relevant print publications, influential blogs, sites and bookers.
• Must have a passion and active interest in technology and emerging media.
• Passionate about music and knowledgeable about a variety of genres, acts and artists
• Ability to manage a large number of different projects simultaneously while working to strict deadlines & maintaining a high standard of attention to detail.
• What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.