Director, Program Management
Universal Music GroupRemote, US
Full Time Job
Reporting to the SVP, Program Management Lead, the Program Management Director will join a team focused on promoting consumer engagement with UMG artists and driving new e-commerce revenue streams. This is a key role, working with the product, eCommerce, marketing, data and engineering teams and partnering with labels and international groups, to lead projects to meet business objectives. This person will act as a key facilitator between product, engineering and business leads, helping the entire organization with transparency, trust and accountability. This is a newly created position, coming at a critical time, as UMG looks to upgrade and unify its eCommerce and marketing efforts globally. If you love music – this is a unique opportunity to influence how UMG interacts with artists and their fans.
How you'll CREATE:
• Effectively lead projects, programs, and/or portions of a project to meet business goals
• Review program and project changes to alert leaders to changes in scope, schedule, budget
• Identify cross dependencies between projects, tools, and systems
• Help influence and govern PMO processes, expectations, outcomes and best practices across product and technology teams
• Actively build positive, collaborative relationships with product, technology and business leads to understand business priorities and to make sure that product and technology assets and expertise are aligned with those priorities
• Deep-dive existing and potential problem areas, develop and communicate corrective action and mitigation plans, and drive follow-through to successful resolution. Be hands-on when needed to help solve problems and get through crunch periods
Bring your VIBE:
• 4-7 years of program and project management experience in an enterprise environment
• 3 years of engineering, data analysis, or business analysis experience
• Experience with agile/waterfall methodologies
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects at various stages of the project life cycle
• Results-oriented individual who can develop and manage relationships based on trust, teamwork, and knowledge
• Ability to connect dots and articulate clear and concise status and action plans to resolve issues and risks and at the right level of detail for the audience.
• Ability to confidently lead meetings and discussions to drive program and project deliverables and resolve issues and challenges.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• eCommerce/marketing/supply chain platform experience a plus
• PMP certification a plus
• Desired but not Must Have Location: Close proximity to NYC or Philly or LA offices for in person availability on a semi-regular cadence
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.