Director, People Systems
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2021 6:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Director, People Systems jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, People Systems postings
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
As the Workday HCM Lead, you will provide functional and technical expertise and leadership to drive, maintain and optimize Workday. You will work closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders (HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Expertise, Finance, IT, Sourcing, Legal, Compliance, etc.) to implement scalable solutions and enhancements for a thriving and dynamic organization.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Serve as the leader, owner, and subject matter expert for Workday system functionality, business processes, and configuration.
• Configure Workday business processes for Core HCM and other modules as needed
• Drive the system design to support self-service with a strong focus on reporting, data analytics, and dashboards.
• Work closely with HR and business leadership to drive and consult on key business initiatives, enabled through new or existing Workday functionality.
• Establish a process for vetting new requests in light of roadmap and existing priorities.
• Serve as a point person for the business on project requests, helping to prioritize, develop and refine business requirements, and assign appropriate resources.
• Manage and provide technical expertise, guidance, and leadership to the team. Maintain a strong team through training, coaching, team building, and knowledge sharing. Enable the team to continue to effectively support, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve Workday issues.
• Provide leadership in the design, development, testing, and implementation of Workday solutions to meet business requirements. Ensure proposed solutions are scalable and manageable.
• Identify deployment risks, potential impacts, and appropriate workarounds.
• Manage workload from multiple projects at once and work with HR and/or business areas to prioritize requests.
• Review functionality delivered in Workday releases to assess business impacts and opportunities for enhancements.
• Understand dependencies across Workday modules (Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking, Payroll, and Benefits) and integrations with other systems.
Bring your VIBE:
• S. in Computer Science, Engineering, HR-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
• 10 years of HR systems experience with a focus on Workday. Subject matter expertise in the following Workday products areas desired: HCM, Recruiting, Talent, Absence, Benefits, Advanced Compensation, Integrations, Reporting.
• Advanced knowledge of Workday business process and security functionality.
• Has previous line management experience and is a strong and collaborative leader and team player.
• Expertise in creating advanced analytics solutions including custom reports, calculated fields, dashboards, etc.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
• Strong understanding of general HR and system processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements.
• Demonstrable ability to work in a global setting and work collaboratively across geographies to ensure execution is seamless and timelines/deliverables are met.
• Positive, professional, and grounded in approach with the ability to build credibility with stakeholders of all levels.
• Flexible in mindset and will easily shift focus and reprioritize in line with business requirements.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal), detail-oriented and has pride in delivering an excellent work product.
• Workday Certification is preferred
• Previous Workday implementation experience preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.