Director Of Technology Compute and Storage Services
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/8/2021 12:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director Of Technology Compute and Storage Services jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Director Of Technology Compute and Storage Services postings
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Director of Technology Compute and Storage Services will also work closely with Technology executive staff decision-makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective compute and storage solutions for all aspects of the global organization. He/she will provide tower leadership in conjunction with the architecture and implementation functions.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Becomes the UMG Tower lead for the IT domain(s) of Platforms
• Defines, maintains and oversees UMG’s strategy for the specified domain(s)
• Defines, develops, documents and maintains standards, best practices, and deployment frameworks
• Promotes the use of the defined IT standards within UMG business units to both technical and non-technical customers.
• Engages with project teams to develop and agree technical infrastructure solutions for project deployments
• Provides IT Domain thought leadership and guidance to other members of the Technology teams
• Lead major infrastructure initiatives and projects regarding cloud/datacenter landscape
• Create and manage annual budget for UMG IT Infrastructure (multiple public clouds and multiple hosting providers (data centers))
• Oversee vendors work efforts on implementations
• Manage technical project review meetings. Ensure project technical designs meet UMG’s operational requirements and are in compliance with UMG infrastructure and security standards
• Other tasks as deemed necessary or appropriate
Bring your VIBE:
• 10 years minimum Experience in delivering IT infrastructure and cloud projects with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams including design/architecture experience.
• Proven ability to deliver key objectives within schedule and budget.
• Strong working knowledge and certification of at least one public cloud provider AWS, Azure and Google
• Strong Infrastructure background
• Produce high-quality documentation, designs, presentations and plans, strategic roadmaps
• Solid understanding/knowledge of implementation and architectural dependencies in globally distributed, redundant, HA and DR enabled configurations, backup/recovery technology
• Solid working knowledge of hardware (SAN's and servers, FC switches, iSCSI, backup appliances and at least two or more vendors (HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco etc.)
• Strong knowledge of deploying and migrating solutions to cloud, VMWare 5.5 , Windows Server, MS SQL, IIS, Linux in clustered, HA, single/multi-tenanted and globally distributed deployments, RDBMS, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, DBaaS, etc.
• Experience of designing solutions and services, multi-tenanted web applications of scale, exposure to enterprise automation technologies and practices.
• Experience managing infrastructure in hosted and cloud environments, especially transition to cloud
• Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
• Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
• Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
• System performance tuning.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Record of progressive management experience culminating at the Director Level
• 10 years minimum Experience in delivering IT infrastructure and cloud projects with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams.
• BA or BS degree in an IT related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
• AWS, GCP and Linux/ MCSE certifications strongly preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.