Director Of Partnerships
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Director Of Partnerships, Umg Ecommerce
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Director of Partnerships to join our Label Services team, leading initiatives to enhance our services offerings through the forward-thinking use of third-party tech and services partners. This role will work closely with our cross-functional eCommerce teams embedded across UMG’s labels to develop a deep understanding of the needs of our labels and artists. They will be responsible for working collaboratively with their peers, both within the eCommerce group as well as with other groups (Global Marketing, IT), to identify, pilot, and implement solutions that empower our entire team to deliver exceptional eCommerce experiences to our artists and their fans.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Monitor and maintain expert working knowledge of the eCommerce and MarTech landscape.
• Communicate trends, opportunities, and recommendations to UMG eCommerce & Label Services senior stakeholders.
• Lead and quarterback the process of vetting of third-party MarTech solutions for eCommerce.
• Work closely with UMG eCommerce’s label-facing teams to identify and track label and artist needs that can be solutioned through third-party tech and services partners.
• Manage UMG eCommerce’s third-party integrations roadmap in alignment with UMG’s IT and platform development teams, ensuring label and artist needs are prioritized.
• Collaborate across UMG eCommerce teams to pilot new tech solutions and initiatives, measure the performance of these programs, and support function leaders to integrate successful pilots into our eCommerce tech and services solutions.
• Liaise with UMG Business Affairs and Data Privacy to project manage and support negotiation of favorable agreements with third-party partners, ensuring data privacy compliance.
• Lead internal communication efforts to educate our label-facing teams on new platform features, ensuring we effectively socialize new tech capabilities and improvements that improve our services offering.
• Effectively educate UMG eCommerce & Label Services and other internal UMG stakeholders on partner capabilities and assist stakeholders in making the most informed decisions possible based on business needs.
• Identify and seek out valuable new relationships across emerging tech, social media, and new digital platforms to enhance eCommerce capabilities and our ability to drive exceptional fan experiences.
• Ensure healthy feedback loops with external partners, specific to eCommerce, to help influence partner roadmaps and enhance their product to better serve UMG eCommerce and our artists.
Bring your VIBE:
• 5-7 years of directly applicable experience in music, entertainment, eCommerce, or technology fields
• Deep understanding of eCommerce trends and technologies including storefront applications, APIs, etc.
• Deep understanding of the MarTech landscape, specifically as it relates to eCommerce
• Track record of developing a network of relationships with eCommerce MarTech vendors, social media networks, and third-party marketplaces
• High level of comfort negotiating third party vendor deals
• High level of comfort navigating large organizational dynamics
• Proven success driving projects forward in a complex corporate structure is strongly preferred
• Highly analytical mind; must have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to make informed decisions based on data
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside for the good of the team and our artists and labels
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously
• Passion for eCommerce and technology is required
• Passion for music is strongly preferred
• Experience in the music industry, particularly within a label, is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS
• Experience with Shopify is strongly preferred
• Experience using Monday.com is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, marketing, or a related field
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer