Director Of Global IT Infrastructure Operations
Universal Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
UMG is currently seeking an eager and exceptional individual to build a global IT Infrastructure Operations Center. We are insourcing major aspects of our Network and Data Center Operation. The position will be responsible for building and leading a team of 40-50 IT professionals and will manage our operational services for network, data center, and public cloud services. This individual is responsible for ensuring all solutions function at world class levels through disciplined daily operational procedures, capacity planning, performance analysis, contingency planning and monitoring strategies. The role will define common practices, techniques, tools and principles for the daily execution of IT operational processes.
• Create an environment in which employees feel empowered and engaged
• Set priorities and validate services are delivered in a timely and efficient manner
• Establish and follow incident response and break-fix triage process including major focus on critical service outage management
• Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services
• Develop engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery
• Coordinate staff planning for executing disaster recovery procedures
• Develop and implement operational policies, procedure, processes and standards
• Oversee and track progress on operational activities involving monitoring and preventative maintenance
• Validate compliance to infrastructure security standards
• Monitor infrastructure capacity and performance
• Lead application severity incident to quick technical resolution
• Ensure runbooks are in place that define day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
• Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology team (in the form of cross training, workshops, and knowledge sharing).
• Service Delivery Management, escalate performance issues
• Review and track root cause analysis and preventative action items
• Manage, communicate, and deliver all steady state issues to business
• Review and approve steady state SLA metrics
• Identify and drive ITIL process improvement
• Review and present operational metrics explaining business impact and risk
• Execute transition to sustain process
• Security Vulnerability Remediation
• Oversee availability of all infrastructure components
• Solid understanding of technology
• Practical application of technical methods and procedures
• Experience in complex multi-team delivery models
• Correlate environment conditions and metrics to application events
• Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Analytical thinking/decision making
• Sense of responsibility for the provision of stable systems to business customers
• Effective time management and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Effective conflict management -- able to balance business ''demands'' with practicality
• Confident, Self-starter - demonstrates initiative and influence
• Utilizes business and technology skills effectively
• Experience building and leading a 24x7 global IT support organization of similar scope
• Experience with ITIL best practices with Incident, Problem, Release, and Change Management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent stakeholder management -- fair in dealings with vendors and business customers
• BA or BS degree in an IT related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish