Director Of Communications
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is currently seeking a Director of Communications to focus on internal and external communications for the company. The ideal candidate will possess strong management, organizational and writing skills along with media relationships across entertainment and business press. Prior communications or public relations experience a must.
UMe is the catalog and special markets entity for UMG. Working with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, opportunities in new technologies and an emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives to engage all types of consumers across multiple entry points and platforms. As an industry leader, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our team and continue to drive our company forward.
What Bandmember Are You?
• Responsible for creating and communicating artist-driven narratives and business strategies for UMe.
• Build and maintain key media relationships for the company and keep informed of all current industry news.
• Prioritize media opportunities and create assets including press releases, internal communication and other supporting materials.
• Lead executive profile strategy including speaking opportunities, conferences, awards, etc., for UMe’s leadership.
• Work to find new opportunities to elevate the company’s profile through artist campaigns and initiatives, special projects and events.
• This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
• Knowledge and understanding of all media, social media and content creation.
• Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Team Player.
• Five (5) years of relevant experience in communications or public relations is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or other related field.
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer