Director Of Business Affairs
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
As the Director of Business Affairs you will manage the business and legal affairs for assigned divisions and matters to ensure that contractual relationships of the Company are completed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner, serving internal and external customers.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Draft and negotiate recording artist, exclusive license, and other agreements related to recordings, as well as songwriter, co-publishing, administration, catalogue acquisition, and other music publishing agreements as necessary.
• Provide consultation, guidance and direction to division leaders on proposed and pending agreements, copyright terminations, and other various legal issues that arise.
• Provide guidance to division leaders and other employees as to deal terms contained in prior agreements.
• Assist VP with revising and updating standard contract forms used by Company.
• Train and provide feedback to Company’s Music Publishing and Motown Gospel divisions on drafting and negotiating simple publishing agreements, featured artist clearances, video production agreements, and producer/remixer agreements.
• Serve as liaison with outside counsel as well as parent company’s internal counsel concerning specialized legal matters being performed by such counsel.
• Assist with any pending and threatened litigation in a timely and efficient manner in conjunction with parent company’s legal department and outside litigators.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience as an entertainment lawyer
• Market place experience and business knowledge
• Relationship building skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
• Must work with high degree of confidence and confidentiality
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities, being able to shift priorities as business needs require
• College Degree
• Law Degree
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.