Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2023 2:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Director, Marketing in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for UMG, spearheading marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation for the music catalog.
This position is a visible and prominent role within and without the organization. This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within UMe. They will recommend, assess, and oversee marketing strategies and their impact on business and creative objectives. They will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns.
How you'll CREATE:
• Work closely with artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and oversee campaign execution.
• Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team.
• Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams at UMe including audience growth, publicity, brand partnerships, commercial, and radio
• Manage the conception, communication and execution of marketing plans and other marketing strategies.
• Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships.
• Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to UMe activity.
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's preferred
• 5 years of experience in music marketing
• Experience working with catalog and frontline artists.
• Strong knowledge of the digital marketplace for music consumption.
• Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, audience engagement and analytics.
• Advertising / media planning experience.
• Proven ability to build and manage marketing partnerships.
• Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Needs to be a creative but strategic marketer who is driven by innovation.
• Passionate music fan.
• Proven strong leadership skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-pressured environment.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• • Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.