Director, Marketing - Urban
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The ideal candidate is innovative, creative, with a passion for the music industry with a focus on Urban music. As the Marketing Director, you must have the ability to create campaigns that help develop the careers of artists.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns for album launches.
• Develop and execute innovative marketing campaigns including social media, SEO, email/text, web development, data-capture, and advertising to aid in building awareness and growing a fan base around an artist.
• Must be able to “think outside the box” and be able to implement new and effective ways to market and promote assigned releases
• Coordinate all internal departmental efforts (digital marketing, sales, publicity, radio promotion, etc.) leading up to, and throughout, album release. To ensure proper execution of overall marketing plan to drive fan engagement campaigns and music consumption opportunities.
• Act as primary liaison between artist and label, communicating status and issues back to label management while diplomatically representing the label’s interests to the artist
• Work in conjunction with artists, managers, and marketing team to create, maintain, and evolve artist brands
• Generate timelines of project needs and key dates with all departments and coordinate the efforts to meet all deadlines
• Analyze results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these to the team
• Effectively manage marketing budgets for assigned projects
• Oversee and coordinate the creation of tools needed for marketing, sales and advertising campaigns
• Secure strategic marketing placements and opportunities with outside partners to widen the exposure for the artist and/or release
• Manage a high volume of internal/external meetings and email correspondence
Bring your VIBE:
• Music industry experience with an emphasis in marketing and the Urban space
• General knowledge of all departments within a label, including Digital, publicity, A&R, creative, production and promotion
• Organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks with heavy workloads and tight deadlines
• Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
• Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
• Must be innovative with a high degree of energy, flexibility and interpersonal skills.
• Must be adaptable and able to establish good relationships
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
• College Degree required
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.