Director, Marketing Tech Operations
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/31/2023 8:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Marketing Tech Operations jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, Marketing Tech Operations postings
Full Time Job
UMG Global Audience Development is seeking a Director, Consumer Marketing Technology to lead building out critical audience development and consumer marketing technologies that empower UMG marketing teams to connect the best artists in the world to their best fans in the world. In this role you will assess and evaluate, and recommend new and nascent marketing technologies and solutions, you will own the process of gathering, understanding, scrutinizing, and prioritizing business technology requirements for purposes of a high-level roadmap and detailed delivery plan. You will also work collaboratively with UMG Technology, Legal, and other pertinent teams to solve problems and unlock value for the business. This is a unique opportunity to help transform how music marketers around the world deliver exceptional music experiences to artists and their fans.
How you'll CREATE:
• Define the vision, principles, and priorities for consumer marketing technology workstreams to develop a high-level roadmap and detailed delivery plans that address UMG's most important audience marketing problems and opportunities.
• Clearly articulate this vision, opportunities and challenges, and show how the roadmap aligns with the broader team's goals and priorities.
• Become intimately familiar with global stakeholders' business needs, plans, and trends in order to guide the evaluations and ensure strong representation of their needs against vendors and solutions. This may include influencing them to reframe their ambitions to more reasonable or, in some cases, demanding clear understanding, and justification of what is being asked and why for purpose of prioritization; and can sufficiently defend.
• Partner with analysts, data engineers, developers, and delivery teams to define requirements, develop, test, and deliver high-quality audience marketing solutions that address core business questions and operational needs.
• Establish an objective, transparent and repeatable process for enterprise-level marketing solutions. Not exhaustive, but include – vendor score-card models, documented requirements gathering and synthesis processes, stakeholder involvement and commercial evaluation models. As part of the above, develop formulas and processes to objectively determine business requirement short-listing and prioritization.
• Act as UMG's subject matter expert on the best-in-class audience and marketing technology vendors, solutions, and use cases around our current marketing technology needs. Guide the organization to improve ways at looking at tools and the best, most pragmatic approach to evolving the business capabilities towards a more evolved future state.
• Develop business cases and ROI projections for new marketing technology investments, running the end to end process of benchmarking costs and forecasting out business impacts and potential in order to get approval and funding support to bring in new solutions.
• Provide thought leadership on new and emerging one-to-one marketing solutions that support our artists and labels in achieving their goals. Ensure a pipeline of innovative solutions is built and that we are offering proof of concept opportunities to our client pool as part of our commitment.
Bring your VIBE:
• 7-10+ years in product management, platform development especially in data and martech
• Knowledge and experience with marketing and database technologies and systems (consumer data platforms, email service providers, analytics and BI, data lake, etc.)
• Hand on experience having implemented and run CRM solutions for scaled consumer businesses, including campaign management solutions, ESPs, SMS solutions, CDPs, marketing analytics tools (DotDigital, Lytics, Google Analytics, BigQuery experience a plus)
• Superior project management and interpersonal skills, experience working in an Agile development model and collaboration software (Monday.com, Jira, etc.)
• Superior verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organization
• Maintains a sense of curiosity, positivity and problem-solving creativity while under pressure
• Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
• Marketing technology background and have a high-level understanding of the data and data science terminology, and the unique challenges associated with the domain
• Be a natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside for the good of the team and our artists and labels
• Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, with strong persuasion, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail, strong ability to complete work under pressure on tight deadlines, logical thinking, curious, self-motivated
• Comfort solving problems in an ambiguous, dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Passion for music is strongly preferred
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• • Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
$121,500 - $186,010
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.