Director, International Marketing Urban
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Music Group is looking for a Director, International Marketing, Urban to be a part of the team located in Hollywood, CA. As the Director, you will need to apply strong self-organization and time management skills while demonstrating proactive initiation and follow through on a broad range of actions. This position is ideal for a candidate with 5 years’ experience in the international marketing urban arena. The ideal candidate possesses a firm working knowledge of international marketing within urban/hip-hop lifestyle and culture.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Oversight of global marketing strategies for artist campaigns in conjunction with label partners around the world, specifically focused on Capitol Music Group’s urban/hip-hop genres via Motown Records, Quality Control & more.
• Ability to assess campaigns and strategically change their course by having an understanding of the process.
• Guide our label partners in creating well thought, globally-minded creative plans.
• Know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist/label partner within the culture of the scene.
• Liaising with all UMG offices globally to conceive marketing and promo
• Advising artist management in their strategic planning with international perspective, timelines, and global schedules
• Domestic and international travel required on a regular basis
• Support international affiliates in obtaining the necessary assets & tools to successfully develop artist brands internationally
• Constant communication between artist management, and international affiliates to regularly update them on development on their projects.
• Guide artist and management through marketing plans and promotional schedules.
• Understanding the data-driven analytics and knowing how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful.
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 5 years with Urban music or an Entertainment Company with at least 5 years of experience in International Marketing.
• Thorough and strong communication skills, with the ability to write and present marketing plans to executives and management.
• Ability to forge excellent internal communication with team members and able to build excellent professional working relationships
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Keynote
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines
• Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to any situation. Able to deal with problems as they may arise
• Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer