Director, Human Resources
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is in an exciting stage of growth and evolution in our ongoing commitment to artistry innovation and entrepreneurship. Bringing to life the creative vision of our artists and songwriters and then bringing their music to the world drives our success. Our Santa Monica location, just a couple of miles in from the ocean, is home to some of the most iconic and influential labels & brands in music. Come join our expanding Human Resources team in Santa Monica and be part of a dynamic team fueled by creativity, innovation, and authenticity.
How we LEAD:
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership and counsel in the areas of Human Resources across several business units and labels. S/he will be responsible for driving key HR initiatives in areas like talent acquisition, performance management, change management, employee coaching, compensation planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, organizational effectiveness and employee communication. This role is the primary HR partner to senior business leaders for guidance and support regarding Human Resources within their organization.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Build, develops and maintain strong collaborative, consultative working relationships with management and employees across multiple business units to deliver value-added HR services
• Develop a detailed understanding of the client’s business –departments, jobs, structure, processes, financials
• Address employee concerns and manages employee relations issues; counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, conduct investigations as applicable
• Advise on organizational design and effectiveness; drive process improvement and resource alignment and implement necessary organizational change
• Coach employees on career development, goal setting, performance improvement
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to manage recruitment, including developing job descriptions, advising on compensation, interviewing and advising hiring managers
• Facilitate salary/bonus planning processes in alignment with business goals and deliverables
• Operationalize HR programs designed to enhance the culture, drive employee engagement and support business initiatives
• Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of all elements of the employment lifecycle
• Manage and develop HR Coordinator
Bring your VIBE:
• Understanding of, and experience with, all core areas of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management, compensation, compliance)
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
• Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters
• Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
• Possess a strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
• Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
• Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to a high standard of professional conduct
• Minimum 8 years of prior Human Resources Generalist experience
• Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (music, entertainment, fashion, television, advertising, etc.) is preferable
• Strong knowledge of employment law and HR practice; multi-state experience necessary
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Visio and/or Org Plus experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a relevant field with HR-related coursework
• Masters’ Degree a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.