Director, Employee Relations
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/26/2020 12:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Employee Relations jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, Employee Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Employee Relations? Description
How we LEAD:
We are growing our newly-formed centralized Employee Relations team. Under the direction of the Vice President, Employee Relations, you will provide thought leadership in developing and implementing workplace practices and policies that support the culture. You will provide employee relations expertise to ensure a positive ethical workplace environment and roll up your sleeves to conduct internal investigations. The position partners closely with the in-house employment team, or external employment law counsel as well as HR Business Partners in driving consistent ER processes across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace environment. You will be focused on the proactive (education and prevention) and the reactive (investigations). You will be responsible for providing expert-level consultation, guidance, and support in all matters related to employee relations.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; compensation planning, performance management; leadership development; coaching and training)
• Knowledge of general employment law, compliance, and conducting sensitive investigations.
• Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
• Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships
• Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations and advising accordingly – developing creative solutions
• Proven ability to influence decision making; courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
• Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters
• Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
• Possess a strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
• Excellent time management and organizational skills in managing through multiple priorities with overlapping tasks across multiple businesses
• Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
• Ability to lead and manage people effectively
• Team-oriented attitude balanced with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excitement to be part of a new team and building the foundation & framework
• Sense of urgency – motivated/energetic/enthusiastic – dedicated and loyal
Bring your VIBE:
• Proven Director level experience in Employee Relations/Compliance/Human Resources Generalist
• Experience practicing HR/ER in a fast-paced, unstructured, and/or creative industry (music, fashion, retail, film/television, advertising, hospitality, etc.) is a plus
• Expert knowledge of ER and conflict resolution, with direct experience leading complex investigations at all levels, including executive.
• Knowledge of employment laws; multi-state experience preferred
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) experience a plus
• Travel will be required, sometimes with little notice
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a relevant field with HR-related coursework- JD preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.