Director, Creative Sync
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Based in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Music Group is currently seeking a Director, Creative Sync Licensing position in our Hollywood, CA office location.
This is a creative/pitch position that reports to the SVP/Head of Sync and would work closely with the entire Sync team as well as other Capitol Music Group departments. The Director of Creative Sync Licensing will pitch Capitol Music Group's frontline repertoire (Capitol Records, Motown, QC, Blue Note, Astralwerks, Priority, Capitol Christian, 10K) to music supervisors, Film & TV studios, and music editors. They will build and maintain relationships with various contacts to secure sync placements on behalf of the various CMG Labels.
How you'll CREATE:
The responsibilities of the Director, Creative Sync Licensing will include, but are not limited to:
• Creatively pitch, identify and secure new sync opportunities for Capitol Music Group's frontline and catalog recordings to meet yearly revenue goals
• Efficiently and promptly handle a high volume of creative briefs, consistently producing best ideas from our releases
• Coordinate with our clearance team at UMe and outside publishers to ensure placements are cleared quickly and efficiently
• Act as a liaison and account manager for assigned music supervisors and studios for series promos and motion picture trailers
• Log, maintain, and manage pending deals across priority and new release artists
• Work closely with other internal departments including Marketing, A&R, Digital, as well as other key project stakeholders to create timely opportunities around artist releases
• Partner with the broader sync team to develop and implement tactics for client outreach, while developing and growing relationships with existing clients
• Develop and execute creative strategy to develop new client opportunities
• Proactively reach out to assigned clients to garner sync placements and valuable looks for our artists
• Create and execute best in class showcases, playbacks and special events to introduce artists and engage the advertising client community
• Work closely with artists, publishers and artist representatives to ensure sync initiatives align with artist objectives
• Work in tandem with the UMG sync A&R team to develop custom tracks and sync edits for trailers & promos
• Monitor and keep up to date on trends & upcoming projects within Film & TV and across the sync business
Bring your VIBE:
• Position is located in Hollywood, CA
• Candidates must be willing to work from this location
• Must have a passion for all genres of music and be a team player
• Provable track record in landing syncs in various promo/trailer campaigns
• Must have extensive relationships in the music supervision community, as well as with other labels and publishers
• In-depth understanding of Music Licensing
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
• Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a creative capacity on a sync team is preferred, but will also consider similar experience in music supervision
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Creative, Design & Production
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.