Director, Commercial Partners Analytics
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Director, Commercial Partners Analytics will directly support Sr. Executives at Commercial Partnerships with forecasting, planning and market intelligence. Responsible for developing communication, collection, organization, and analysis of pertinent data to positively impact revenue and marketplace decisions. The ideal candidate should have both qualitative and quantitative experience as well as deep knowledge and solid understanding of the business models and best practices prevalent in today’s business.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Using internal and external systems to develop analytics & forecasts that inform effective revenue initiatives on an artist and release basis leading to market level & commercial decisions.
• Successfully manage relationship and shared goals with home office, labels and partner teams.
• Artist and title-specific reporting and action-oriented planning
• Comprehensive recap of consumption results
• Streaming and Promotional event analysis
• Manage analysis requests with labels and internal analysis teams
• Communicate trends, success, opportunities, and data-driven recommendations to UMG senior stakeholders and label partners
Revenue focused responsibilities:
• Forecasting and identifying artists and release opportunities on a granular data-centric level.
• Strategizing with labels on specific new releases, market-level events and partner programs
• Identify opportunities and guide execution of social media outreach and playlisting strategy with label, partner and content providers.
Bring your VIBE:
• Experience with analytics, statistical concepts, search engine and social media marketing, relational database reporting tools, SQL & Google Big Query, programming Python and understanding of Partner API’s a plus.
• Knowledge of social media and current platforms of entertainment consumption
• Working knowledge and understanding of UMG internal systems a plus. Ability to quickly learn new systems a must
• Minimum 2 years of experience in business operations, analysis, sales or marketing experience at music company, media company or digital partner
• BA 4-year college, or similar education level required
• MBA or master’s degree in related field preferred
• Strong analytical skills coupled with ability to communicate strategy, drive artist growth and maximize revenue
• Solid understanding of consumer trends, streaming market, and a strong knowledge of the evolving music industry
• Excellent Microsoft Excel (including VBA) and PowerPoint skills. Python programming, SQL, Tableau, DOMO, or other data manipulation/visualization platforms. Deep knowledge of Nielsen, Mediabase and third party (Chartmetric), partner (Spotify, Apple, Pandora, YouTube) data and analytics platforms
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on executive-level presentation skills relationship building within UMG, labels and partners
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
• Extremely organized with superior time management skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment
• Inherent analytical and quantitative skills with experience in social media and content marketing strategy
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and product consumption
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer