Director, Commercial Marketing and Streaming
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Music Group is looking for a Director of Commercial Marketing & Streaming, focusing on Pop, Rock/Alternative and Dance genres. This role will focus on streaming growth, playlisting strategy, and promoting our new releases across all DSPs (Spotify, Apple, Amazon, etc.). This role will be responsible for building strong relationships at our partners, analyzing data, and developing/optimizing our streaming strategy across our labels' releases with primary focus on playlisting and product strategies.
How you'll CREATE:
• Primarily responsible for working with DSP/Streaming partners for placement and maximization of Capitol releases to appropriate playlists within the DSP platforms (i.e., Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube and Pandora).
• Primary focus is US playlists but will also be responsible for understanding global playlisting impact in US and will communicate and work in tandem with our international team to strategize and formulate international plans and efforts.
• Develop strong relationships across our streaming partners; working with our DSP partners to drive our release strategy utilizing marketing, cultural capital and data to drive consumption of our repertoire
• Reporting to the SVP, Commercial Marketing & Streaming and working in collaboration with Capitol Commercial team and account leads to align streaming strategy with overall account strategy for each artist releases.
• Effectively communicate insights, analysis, opportunities, and recommendations with partners to improve our business; this communication will occur both internally, to our artists/management partners and to DSP partners.
• Use consumer insights and analytics to inform effective playlisting initiatives, commercial and marketing decisions
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 3+ years' experience working in a label sales/commercial team, digital partner, or a related digital content industry
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on executive-level presentation skills, relationship building within UMG, labels and partners
• Strong analytical skills with ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization Expertise with all commercial models within the digital landscape, including streaming, social media and user-generated content models
• Experience dealing with commercial platforms and DSP's as well as content and repertoire owners
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and platforms, consumer trends and product consumption in the evolving music industry
• Must have numerous key contact/relationships across key divisions of Apple, Spotify, Amazon, YT, Pandora etc
• Proven innovative thinker with experience in marketing practices and growing and acquiring audience
• Extremely well-organized with superior time management skills
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.