Director, Business Development
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries, and some of the biggest songwriters and artists in the world including Eminem, U2, Imagine Dragons, J. Cole, Diane Warren, Chris Brown, Mary J. Blige, Miley Cyrus, Billy Joel, Luke Laird and Ariana Grande.
We are looking to expand our team and hire for a Director, Business Development to support Universal Music’s Publishing Group. Key responsibilities in this position focus on developing and expanding new business opportunities for our music in advertising business. This includes building strong relationships with customers and educating prospects on our ability to provide music for any and all advertising needs.
What Bandmember Are You?
• Responsible for evolving new business prospect opportunities with various advertising agencies.
• Discovers and qualifies potential new clients by contacting, via telephone, new and established leads from sources such as the existing client database, trade publications, business periodicals, public websites, and personal networks.
• Demonstrates complete understanding and implementation of UMPG’s sales process, ascertaining the prospect’s needs in relationship to the company’s offerings and coordinating pitch meetings between the Music for Advertising team and the client.
• Working knowledge with previous representation of a music catalog.
• Work closely with prospective clientele, the Senior Vice President of Music and Advertising plus our New York and Los Angeles teams.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
• At least 5 years of experience working in advertising sales with proven business success.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop sustainable relationships.
• Periodic traveling will be required. This role encompasses all US sales.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must be comfortable working independently as well as partnering with a team.
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!