Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2022 2:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group seeks a highly qualified attorney for the position of Associate Director or Director in its Business & Legal Affairs department. Reporting to the Head of the Trademark Group in Santa Monica, this key resource will work closely with corporate/label executives, business unit leaders, and internal/external counsel to provide strategic and targeted legal advice, counsel, and representation in connection with a broad range of trademark and other IP matters across UMG's global footprint. The attorney must have 3-6 years of experience with domestic and international trademark clearance and prosecution, trademark conflicts (TTAB proceedings, etc.), and trademark licensing. The attorney must also bring exceptional legal and business judgment, as well as creativity and a passion for music, to the attorney's daily role.
How you'll CREATE:
• Proven, in-depth expertise and experience in trademark law required, including:
• Substantial experience clearing, prosecuting, and maintaining trademarks.
• Substantial experience managing trademark enforcement, dispute resolution, and settlement.
• Substantial experience with domain names, including UDRP (and analogous) proceedings.
• Experience in matters involving copyright, unfair competition, design and utility patents, and rights of publicity.
• Experience in M&A, as it relates to trademarks.
• Experience in marketing law and entertainment law.
• Strong customer/client service skills and exceptional work ethic a must.
• Able to work under time constraints.
• Able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly motivated with a desire to work in a team environment, and able to take direction.
• Self-directed and extremely well organized.
• Able to exercise sound business and legal judgment in the face of complex, ambiguous challenges.
• Comfortable working with new and evolving business models in an ever-changing industry.
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-6 years trademark law experience required. Top tier law firm or in-house experience/training required.
• J.D. and excellent academic credentials required.
• Member of the California bar in good standing, or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel required.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.