Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Director of Benefits, designs, communicates, and manages the U.S. employee benefit programs including leading a small team of professionals within the organization.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Design, administer, communicate and manage health & group insurance plans, retirement & pension, including 401(k) plan, and other employer-sponsored benefit plans and perks.
• Manager Leave of Absence administration
• Advises, consults and serves as a member of the management team in the development and execution of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals, acquisitions, strategic planning and growth objectives.
• Serves as the Benefits lead for the Total Rewards team in HR.
• Evaluates and analyzes the results of the programs and services regularly and systematically; reports these results to the VP, Total Rewards and key leadership in addition to other management reporting such as benefit loss and claims control, sales, budgets, division P&L, special projects, etc.
• Reviews and analyzes the benefits market to determine employee needs, trends, regulations and practices, and develops competitive programs and services to meet company goals.
• Establishes and maintains long-term networking relationships and centers of influence both internally and externally through active involvement and participation in business, social, community and political arenas, boards or activities.
• Prepares and monitors department budget.
• Responsible for plan compliance, filings, reporting and other government agency requirements.
• Plans and directs the implementation and administration of benefits programs designed to ensure employees against loss of income due to illness, injury or retirement.
• Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs
• Plans the modification of existing benefits programs.
• Strong leadership and team management skills.
• Knowledge of Workday benefits and payroll.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Office products.
• Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee benefits.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
Bring your VIBE:
• 5 - 10 years’ experience in employee benefits or similar HR role
• Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field.
• Two to Three years of related experience in an HR leadership role.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credentials.
• CEBS or CBP certification preferred.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.