Director, Audience Data Management
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/12/2021 11:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Audience Data Management jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, Audience Data Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Audience Data Management? Description
How we LEAD:
UMG Global Audience Development is seeking a Director, Audience Data Management to join their team. As Director, you will leverage your strong data management background to help solve UMG’s audience and consumer data problems and drive the development of UMG’s audience and consumer data assets and products. This requires assessing data solutions, defining and documenting business data requirements, soliciting feedback to iterate on data products and applications. Additionally, this exciting role will actively participate in the design and implementation of UMG’s privacy governance and strategy framework. Ideally, you will have hands-on experience with data management, data governance, and data quality, ideally within the consumer marketing discipline.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Define the vision, principles, and priorities for large consumer audience data product workstreams to develop a high-level roadmap and detailed delivery plans that address UMG’s most important audience data problems.
• Clearly articulate this vision, opportunities and challenges, and show how the roadmap aligns with the broader audience team’s goals and priorities.
• Act as the primary business requirements owner and co-architect of a centralized customer data mart, inputting into and governing the management of a customer data taxonomy in partnership with technology.
• Establish strong relationships with technology, legal, and business teams across the organization in order to understand the marketing and audience data needs and requirements.
• Partner with analysts, data engineers, developers, and delivery teams to build requirements, develop, test, and deliver high-quality data, data products and features that address core business questions and operational needs.
• Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios, acceptance criteria, and success measures that are specific to data products like quality, storage, accessibility and usability via tools, and help reduce the amount of assumptions that engineers have to make.
• Establish and global operating processes with relevant teams to ensure data quality and operations is up to set standards and service and operating level agreements.
• Function as UMG’s subject matter expert on audience and consumer data, its definitions, how it should be used, and best sources regarding campaign and reporting needs and other applications for data.
• Understand global data privacy and compliance requirements and how we can effectively leverage our data for business and marketing purposes, while staying within the guardrails of the law. Providing thought leadership and proactive planning to ensure we are compliance around our data management, but also able to effectively grow business and market with the use of that data.
• Ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners and inspire transformation and change.
Bring your VIBE:
• 7 years working in data-intensive product management role, for a global and fast-paced consumer business
• Experience working with data, within sophisticated marketing technology stacks – with proven experience in how PII data can effectively be managed across various touchpoints, and successful track record of building full-scale data solutions for consumer marketing or product teams
• Experience with customer data marts, data lakes, CDPs and DMPs desired.
• Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
• Marketing technology background and have a high-level understanding of the data and data science terminology, and the unique challenges associated with the domain
• Knowledge and experience with marketing technologies and systems (consumer data platforms, Domo, Big Query, BigQuery, Redshift, etc); and basic programming, machine learning, and DB's technologies (SQL, Python, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, Oracle, MySQL) preferred
• Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, with strong persuasion, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail, strong ability to complete work under pressure on tight deadlines, logical thinking, curious, self-motivated
• Comfort solving problems in an ambiguous, dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Disciplined, analytical but creative thinker and problem solver
• Passion for music is strongly preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.