Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/21/2021 10:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, A&R jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, A&R postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, A&R? Director, A&R (Music Strategy)
UMG’s Music Strategy and Tactics team is seeking a passionate music enthusiast with A&R experience, deep catalog music knowledge, artist and talent relations experience and strong music business background to join our team in Santa Monica. This role reports to the VP, Music Strategy and tactics.
The ideal candidate will be eager to think outside of the box, be resilient and resourceful through challenging commercial landscapes and have an innovate and entrepreneurial mindset.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Oversee the recording, production, mastering, sequencing of artist projects.
• Provide comprehensive feedback on alternative content opportunities to executive management.
• Build relationships and large roster of unique producers and artists for quick and effective project partnership around alternative versions, remixes, mash up, etc.
• Search for new songs for existing talent on the label.
• Act as label liaison with the artist once they are signed to the label.
• Provide creative input and direction on artist's material.
• Find suitable producers, writers/co-writers, sound engineers and recording studios.
• Coordinate pre-production and production, mixing, mastering.
• Plan and monitor recording budgets for assigned projects.
• Keep projects within agreed budget and schedule/timeline.
• Evaluate recording and mixing progress for label's artists.
• Maintain files/records on all shows attended.
• Work closely with other label departments/employees including marketing, publicity, promotion and sales to try to ensure recorded material is commercially successful.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry insiders (managers, agents, attorneys, concert promoters, radio promo reps, retail contacts, trade and consumer press, tastemakers, etc.).
• Strong relationships in the artist, producer, songwriter community.
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 5 years A&R experience with a proven track record success
• Prior experience working closely with artists and senior-level executives a must
• Proactive communication, relationship building, and time management skills
• Solid understanding of accounting, budgets and other financial concepts. Facility with Excel spreadsheets required
• Ability to negotiate and influence, leading all parties to an amicable outcome
• Ability to work under high pressure in a fast-paced and cross functional environment
• Ability to read and understand legal materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.