Digital Rights Administrator
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
As a member of the Publishing Department, the Digital Rights Administrator is responsible to manage, organize, and maintain the company’s catalog claims in order to monetize copyright on social media platforms such as YouTube.
• Create and manage Capitol CMG copyright claims on the YouTube platform
• Maintain ownership conflicts and disputes through the YouTube Content Management System
• Generate reports as needed with regards to company performance and monetization
• Organize and gather YouTube data necessary for serving cross-departmental tracking and reference functions
• Load metadata, tags, and descriptions for YouTube videos
• Stay up to date with audience growth & monetization best practices
• Collaborate cross-divisionally with Label Marketing team to support video release strategy for Artist channels.
• Exhibit expert knowledge in YouTube’s analytics and provide reports highlighting applicable data
• Provide expertise and insights into monetization and YouTube algorithms for Capitol CMG related videos and channels
• Strategize ideas for claiming, playlisting, and collaboration for maximum royalty collection
• Serve writers and Capitol CMG affiliates by exhibiting expert knowledge in the functionality and service of relative social media insights
• Other Duties as assigned
• Work well in a team and individual setting
• Thorough, detail-oriented, and focused
• Proficient in Excel
• Ability to stay on task and take direction
• Effective communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to build strong cross-departmental partnerships
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Familiarity with the Christian music industry
• General knowledge of music publishing and/or royalties or background in financial analysis
• Knowledge of social media platforms (YouTube)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish