Digital Release Support Manager
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2023 2:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Digital Release Support Manager jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Digital Release Support Manager postings
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The UMG Global Digital Operations team facilitates the set up and delivery of digital products to Universal's digital business partners. The team work closely with, and support, UMG's labels to ensure the timely delivery of metadata and assets using global digital supply chain systems and processes. The focus of this role is to work with the NA labels & Americas territories to ensure that they are aware of the relevant processes, timelines and best practices resulting in the successful delivery of content to digital business partners. The role will play a key part in transitioning UMG NA label digital release practices from a local approach to a global one.
The Digital Release Support Manager works with UMG NA/Americas Labels, either wholly owned or P&D, as well as INTL Territories, to ensure the timely availability of the label's product on digital retail stores globally; this individual will monitor from set up to delivery, investigate and resolve product issues ideally before delivery to Business Partners and where necessary, facilitate, track or fix issues in UMG's systems. The individual must be capable of assessing and understanding issues and prioritizing their resolution, as well as feeding back info to the label appropriately.
A key objective of the role will be to ensure that the label's digital products delivered to business partners meet a high quality (data and assets) standard consistently; as such, the individual is the key point of contact for internal company stakeholders regarding any issues pertaining to set up and delivery of the digital releases.
The individual will help to identify knowledge gaps, train and advise labels on global digital release management, monitor source system due diligence and best practice and where applicable communicate changes to support new requirements to the Digital Ops and tech teams to enhance global systems.
How you'll CREATE:
• Key contact for NA/Americas labels for thorough guidance with digital product set up & delivery to business partners globally
• To be able to confidently assist the label with global release plan execution, including thorough knowledge of all Universal markets and related digital product requirements & processes.
• Helping the label troubleshoot their digital releases, and to proactively identify any potential issues in advance of product entry into the global supply chain
• End to end priority release monitoring of digital products through the supply chain systems and processes until delivery to digital business partners
• When required, to be responsible for placing product orders in UMG's distribution platform for select partners. Tracking of any manual orders placed through to delivery.
• To be aware of new developments in the global supply chain, and to work with Digital Ops Training & Communications to ensure Label Production staff are fully briefed when new features launch.
• To have a thorough knowledge of UMG's global business partners and how they operate, and to be able to guide product set up by the labels accordingly.
• Communication and resolution of missing or incorrect data and assets, as well as change management of data and assets accordingly.
• To instill best practice with digital release management within the label, ensuring that product set up is optimum and to question with confidence where necessary. Ensure any relevant product takedowns are executed accordingly for catalogue management.
• Attend all relevant Digital Operations meetings, ensuring collaboration and key learnings are shared throughout the group & in turn passed back into the labels.
• Attend Label Production meetings, where necessary, as well as occasional co-location working with the label.
• Work closely with UMG's iTunes Global Account manager and help with the timely resolution of any related iTunes tickets for the labels products to ensure successful release
• Provide technical and ''best practice'' expertise regarding UMG's global digital supply chain processes and systems and to be able to translate these to the appropriate audience.
• Assist with non-NA territory digital releases, when mapped to applicable NA labels, to ensure that there is a smooth global release process for the territory.
• Run and analyze any relevant reporting / KPI's and feedback to Digital Operations on labels performance, helping to identify areas for improvement.
• Raise, prioritize & track any issues with Universal's chosen issue tracking software and Service team.
• Supporting business critical issue resolution for key products, as well as timed releases, outside of core business hours if necessary
• Escalate any issues to Senior Director, Digital Ops appropriately
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, often regarding complex issues with people at all levels
• Must work well in a collaborative environment and display strong "team-player" attitude
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Knowledge of key digital formats and digital distribution systems
• Knowledge of the global music market & key global partners
• Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage key data across multiple systems
• Ability to work on high profile digital projects and senior management
• Good IT skills: Microsoft Office - intermediate ability
• Solutions and results driven, conscientious, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion.
• Ability to identify improvements to current working methods and systems and implement change
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and maintain a professional manner
• Adaptability to manage work where necessary outside of office hours
• Educated to Bachelor's Degree level.
• Minimum of 3 years of digital operational experience
• Experience working in digital supply chain and/or digital production / operations.
• Good overall understanding of different roles throughout a recording company
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer