Digital Media Planner
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Digital Media Planner
Responsible to: Digital Strategy Director
Location of work: 4PS, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group is looking for a candidate who is ready to take their labels’ digital media campaigns into the future by promoting their artists and compilations using biddable media. The ideal candidate should have a desire to be immersed in digital media buying technologies, best practice in marketing strategy as well as the labels’ artists. They should be able to understand and communicate how data can be leveraged to affect strategy, planning and media buying and be excited about driving campaign results.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Supporting UMG labels in planning biddable media campaigns across various media including programmatic display, mobile, video, social & native.
• Developing and fostering strong relationships with publishers and media partners, with the goal of facilitating private marketplace deals.
• Acting as an internal champion for biddable media within the labels.
• Working closely with the labels’ marketing teams and media buyers, and regularly reporting to the Strategic Director on opportunities across UMG.
• Managing media budgets, drafting and revising media schedules, along with accompanying rationale.
• Ensuring campaigns are created and implemented to best achieve campaign performance and media efficiency goals.
• Using insights from a range of sources, both internal and external, to build a case for campaign strategy.
• Preparing analysis and insight to accompany reports provided to the labels.
• Staying apprised of opportunities for reaching the labels’ target audiences.
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of innovation in ad platforms and formats and sharing this information with the labels & wider UMG team.
• A proven track record working within digital media ideally within the entertainment / youth sector, with specific programmatic experience preferred.
• Experience of planning and reporting across a range of digital media channels.
• A solid understanding of the programmatic media ecosystem and technology, including exchanges, networks, ad servers, DSPs, SSPs, DMPs and trading desks.
• An appreciation of how digital fits in the overall marketing/media strategy.
• Proficiency in using digital research tools such as comScore / Nielsen and social listening / affinity tools.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong communication, project management, time management and analytical skills.
• Experience of managing multiple campaigns in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically and identify and resolve problems within the available platforms.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.