Digital Content Creator
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Founded in 1984, Def Jam Recordings has represented the cutting-edge in hip-hop music for more than 35 years. Def Jam began as a maverick independent label inspired by downtown New York City’s vibrant street culture and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneered by iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with superstar acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and the inimitable Kanye West. Now in its fourth decade, Def Jam’s music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand – synonymous with creativity, quality and authenticity – encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like West, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Logic, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Vince Staples, Jeremih, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, Dave East, and Jhene Aiko, among others. Today, Def Jam has reaffirmed its passion for and commitment to hip-hop culture, and has expanded its global brand reach to become the most-followed major label on all major social media platforms.
How we LEAD:
Def Jam Recordings seeks a Digital Marketing Manager to support Def Jam’s digital team across a variety of audience development initiatives. These include asset creation, roll out strategy, streaming marketing, social curation, audience engagement, influencers campaigns and analytics across Def Jam Recordings’ artist roster.
How you'll CREATE:
• Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns that maximize audience development and impact streaming.
• Work with and develop external partner relationships to develop strategic campaigns and cultivate opportunities.
• Execute social plans and roll out strategy to drive key engagement goals, (pre-save, saves, stream, watch, buy, comment and share).
• Provide actionable insights and analysis on all campaign (KPIs) and performance metrics.
• Maintain always on, platform-specific strategies to deepen audience engagement that leads to growth.
• Manage social media and website strategy and execution across a select artist roster.
• Manage freelance content creators, influencer campaigns and fan page outreach.
• Monitor fan activity and share meaningful stories that can inform artist fan engagement strategy.
• Build phased messaging through owned and paid media to drive awareness and consumption.
• Drive CRM data capture for mobile and email and facilitate sharing of US HTML to ROW.
• Coordinate with commerce team and international marketing on media buying campaigns and asset sharing.
• Onboard and inspire Artists and management to adopt and properly utilize key platforms in ways that fit their artistic vision.
Bring your VIBE:
• 2-3 years related digital marketing experience in music, entertainment, gaming, or lifestyle industries.
• A detail-oriented personality coupled with a creative and passionate attitude.
• Knowledge of latest technology trends with an understanding of online user behavior and media consumption.
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who can perform well under pressure and enjoys working in a fluid environment.
• College degree preferred.
• Superior communication skills.
• Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, Photoshop and AV editing skills.
Familiarity with HTML and SQL.
Strong knowledge of relevant Instagram cultural and lifestyle profiles
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Strong problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Must be a strong team player that values the success of the overall group.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.