Digital Commercial Strategy Managerkorea
Universal Music GroupSeoul, KG
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: DIGITAL COMMERCIAL STRATEGY MANAGER, REPUBLIC OF KOREA
LOCATION: SEOUL, REP OF KOREA
As a part of Universal Music Group, at Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all the labels and artists with whom we work.
The Digital Commercial Strategy Manager will be Ingrooves’ lead representative and brand ambassador for Republic of Korea. The successful candidate will develop plans for and promote distributed music and video content to local music streaming services, including Melon, Genie Music, YouTube Music, Naver Music, Apple Music and many more. They will have a strong passion and knowledge of music and pop culture with excitement for independent label and artist development. They will be a creative strategist with a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape. They will have a wide range of industry contacts and help drive awareness for Ingrooves artists in the region.
• Manage day to day relationships with local and regional music streaming service offices, including marketing, management, operations and editorial
• Drive growth and revenue for Ingrooves’ distributed content in Korea
• Work with the Ingrooves worldwide teams to create and execute global campaigns for label and artist projects from Korea
• Manage label partners' priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
• Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns
• Work to develop a strategic partnership with label partners to help guide distribution strategy
• Liaise with Ingrooves’ Engagement team to develop local and regional marketing partnerships and social media relationships
• Help drive product adoption of Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services across the label roster
• Educate internal and external stakeholders on commercial and promotional activity within the region
• Provide insight on company branding and trade marketing opportunities within the market
• Significant experience within a label, distribution or management company working with labels, managers and artists
• Passionate about music discovery and a fan of multiple genres of music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
• Extensive knowledge and relationships in the independent music community
• Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
• Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional demeanor
• Experience sourcing, interpreting and presenting industry insights and analytics in the commercial process
• Articulate in written and oral communication
• Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
• Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
• Experience with digital retail distribution
• International music business experience a plus
• Languages: English, Korean
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.