Universal Music GroupVictoria, CA
Full Time Job
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
How we LEAD:
This is an execution and delivery-oriented, highly visible role in the Engineering team with primary responsibility for building, testing, and validating scalable data storage, ETL processes and optimized data retrieval techniques. This includes development of project plans, handling of potential issues and risks, collaborating constructively with project team members, providing effective cross-functional communication, and advancing multiple projects at once. The successful candidate reports to the VP of Software Development and will be based in Victoria.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Create and maintain scalable and optimized data models and schemas for storing multi-TB size data in our ever-growing data warehouse(s)
• Create and maintain automated, scalable and optimized ETL processes for loading and retrieving data for use by our data science, and business development teams
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
• Integrate with APIs and external data sources to supplement and enhance core data
Bring your VIBE:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience working with ETL processes/pipelines with large volumes of data and strict expectations for reliability and performance
• Advanced knowledge of and practical experience with SQL and\or NoSQL and big data platforms (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
• Very comfortable and proficient working in AWS and Linux environment
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, go, etc.
• Knowledgeable of the software design and development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity