Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
How we LEAD:
As the creative manager, you will be responsible to increase revenue and generate activity for Publishing by effectively managing a roster of writers, giving constructive feedback on songs, pitching songs to artists, servicing and expanding key relationships, and interacting on a marketing level to support copyright growth.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Manage a roster of writers with scheduling, coordinating co-writes, song delivery, and the flow of communication to writers.
• Responsible for understanding writer contracts and delivery requirements.
• Build relationship with writers to understand their goals and needs.
• Pitch song catalog for artist recordings.
• Represent Publishing’s interest maintaining key industry contacts - including record label A&R staff, artist managers, record producers, artists, writers and other music industry professionals.
• Securing single song deals when applicable for outside writers.
• Discover new writer talent as opportunities develop.
• Track industry activity pertaining to record and single releases, new signings and various company appointments.
• Issue scheduled and accurate updates to writers of all possible writing opportunities.
• Create and maintain a “Pitch/Hold/Cut” report and an accurate “Tip Sheet”.
• Attend industry events, concerts, and other occasions that support job function.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
• Good working knowledge of the Christian music industry
• Understanding and willingness to learn genres outside of Christian music industry
• 3 years of music work experience
• Strong communication skills
• Strong relationship and networking skills
• Good song sense
• Industry contacts is a plus
• Ability to multitask and manage details
• Excellent organizational skills
• Working with others in a team setting
• Leadership and management skills
• Goal and results-driven
• Maintain clear communication
• College degree
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.