Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/17/2021 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Creative Director jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Creative Director postings
Full Time Job
Creative Director (A&R)
Job title: Creative Director (A&R)
Responsible to: EVP of Classics and Screen
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Representing all companies and composers within the Classics and Screen division, the Creative Director will be responsible for developing and maintaining creative strategy for signed composers, writers and producers and working directly with composers, writers and their managers and agents.
The Creative Director will work with the rest of the international Promotions & A&R teams to find and develop the best rising talent and established composers; and support legacy composers and catalogues in providing opportunities to further the discovery of their music (creating writing, co-writing, sampling and remixing opportunities).
The Creative Director will work with the international Promotions & A&R teams to co-ordinate consulting regularly with artistic planners to discuss repertoire, season planning, and opportunities for all composers associated with the division (creating dance, orchestral, opera or installation opportunities).
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Source and identify new opportunities and lead creative discussions and pitches
• Develop current writers and create cowriter opportunities
• Track and sign new composer/writer talent from around the world to UMPG
• Set, deliver, and exceed business goals around growth, revenue, strategic value, and innovation
• Lead and be responsible for all creative output from initial pitch and development through to execution and launch, working with artists and managers to both interpret their ideas and shape the creative vision
• Successfully implement new creative partnerships whether within the company or outside of Universal Music, and create innovative opportunities
• You will be comfortable working with the Commercial side of the business and will extensively collaborate with the executive team on business strategy, content strategy, business process optimisation, revenue optimisation, and research and analysis
• Experience in a creative leadership role within music
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• A passion for music, culture, and c This person will be driven by a desire to experiment with new formats and technologies, as well as a history of successful music productions.
• A strong track record and extensive network in music
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.