Corporate Development Analyst
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/7/2021 12:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Corporate Development Analyst jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Corporate Development Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Corporate Development Analyst? Description
The Corporate Development and Strategy team is a highly visible team within UMG. The group serves Universal Music Group’s executive leadership, business units/labels and internal stakeholders with projects that span across strategic planning, new business ventures, internal consulting, M&A, artist deals, among others. The team is lean and committed to fostering a workplace culture that is fun, supportive, and collaborative.
The Corporate Development and Strategy team is looking for a full-time Analyst to be based in Santa Monica, CA. This position will have exposure to all projects, with a primary focus on supporting the team’s Strategic Planning efforts and initiatives. The Analyst will participate in a broad range of strategic topics such as core, new business, cross-functional initiatives, strategic and prospective planning, business reviews and industry trends and competitive analysis. The Analyst will have the opportunity to apply strategic and critical thinking in driving growth and profitability across the company’s diverse portfolio of businesses, including recorded music, publishing, merchandising, D2C, artist services, digital, tech and marketing. The successful candidate is an analytical and intellectually curious individual who can identify issues, structure analyses, develop solutions and articulate findings. The Analyst will report to the Director of Corporate Development and Strategy and will work closely with other team members.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Provide financial, analytical modeling, detailed due diligence, and strategic support for evaluating potential M&A targets, artist deals, joint venture partners and business development growth initiatives
• Perform and oversee financial modeling and analyses for potential transactions using valuation techniques
• Support new business initiatives by working with department leaders across the company to determine business models, revenue drivers and cost/investment need
• Prepare compelling and succinct presentations and memos for senior management to support potential deals
• Maintain and improve current processes in place to facilitate team communication and decisions
• Work on special projects as assigned in connection with the team goals and strategy
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, economics, or another related field
• Knowledge of financial modeling
• High level of intellectual curiosity, especially around technology and the music/entertainment industry
• Relevant professional experience in finance or similar field desired
• Previous relevant experience in the music industry a plus
• Must think independently and critically, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments
• Highly personable with strong team-working skills
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.