Universal Music GroupKuala Lumpur, KL
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is a leading global music publisher with 48 offices in 46 countries. Headquartered in Los Angeles, UMPG represents music across every genre from some of the world's most important songwriters and catalogs.
We are currently for a Copyright Executive to join Universal Music Publishing Group Malaysia.
About the role
• Ensure all new works and contracts are accurately loaded in system
• Identify UMPG works from unidentified listing and incomplete song listing given by CMOs
• Ensure all works, cue sheets and contracts are accurately registered with CMOs
• Perform routine checks on high-profile catalogues registered with CMOs
• Obtain acknowledgement (ACK) files from CMOs for each CWR registration
• Resolve any duplicate claims and song disputes with writers and management
• Identify and release works from Suspense Account
• Degree or Diploma
• Min 3 years of work experience, music industry experience strongly preferred
• Strong Excel skills and experience working in copyright databases essential
• Analytical and numbers driven
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; ability to multi-task
• Must be self-starter with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.