Coordinator, Promotion, Virgin Music
Universal Music GroupNew York, US
Full Time Job
Virgin Music Label and Artist Services is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group (CMG), providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Virgin Music artists, releases, and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Virgin Music Label and Artist Services is seeking a coordinator to provide administrative support to the SVP of Promotion and Promotion Team. The coordinator will be responsible for maintaining calendars, processing expenses, pulling reports, as well as assisting with a variety of budgeting, reporting, and vendor/payment-related duties.
The ideal candidate will have Music or Entertainment experience and have experience supporting an SVP, GM or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. Multi-tasking skills and experience working on tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment is crucial. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Managing the schedule of the SVP of Promotion, including:
• Coordinating and prioritizing incoming meeting requests as well as arranging meetings via telephone and email/Microsoft Outlook Calendar/Zoom
• Exercising discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
• Greeting meeting participants
• Providing Promotion Team support, including:
• Generating and distributing daily/weekly reports via a variety of internal/external systems (Mediabase, Luminate, Shazam, etc.)
• Managing the input and periodic updating of marketing and promotion project budgets
• Circulating project budget status/performance reports to the Marketing and Promotion teams as well as Senior Management
• Managing Virgin Music’s merchandise and promotional product inventory
• Managing Ticketing/Guest List requests
• Procuring office supplies and other support resources such as new hardware or IT assistance as needed
• Performing other administrative duties as needed, including:
• Preparing travel & entertainment expense reports
• Booking travel, accommodations, car services
• Archiving emails and maintaining Department archives and other records
• Creating and maintaining presentations and other project-based work as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Music or entertainment experience is required.
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external teams at all levels, including Senior Management
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities and multi-task when needed
• Excellent customer service, organization, and time management skills
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.