Coordinator, North America Copyright
Universal Music GroupFranklin, TN
This was removed by the employer on 5/21/2021 10:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, North America Copyright jobs in Franklin-TN
Search all Coordinator, North America Copyright postings
Full Time Job
UMPG is looking for a motivated person to work as part of the North American Copyright team. Copyright is centrally located within the administration team and the data they process initiates the end-to-end value chain that spans licensing, registrations, royalty collection and distribution that ultimately serves and compensates our writers and clients. This position will be responsible for successfully delivering varied services to multiple customers, many with concurrent deadlines.
How you'll CREATE:
This position reports into the NA Copyright Manager and will perform various tasks across numerous projects and processes within the administration team. Key Responsibilities of this position include:
• Perform accurate and timely data entry of all North American songs in UMPG's administration systems in accordance with Global standards, to ensure the timely registration of works at industry collection societies
• Research and correct data errors & anomalies to continually improve data quality
• Respond to queries and provide customer service to internal and external parties who have questions about the UMPG North American catalog
• Provide support to other UMPG offices around the world as they serve the North American catalog in their local territory
• Serve other departments within the UMPG family, such as licensing, sync, film & tv, royalties and business affairs by communicating relevant details about agreements and songs
• Engage regularly with agents such as ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, GMR, HFA, SOCAN and CMRRA and supply them with the information they need to correctly identify and pay royalties attributable to our writers and clients
• Proactively resolve song split issues and disputes by working with the Creative Admin department to ensure record labels, societies, and other parties have up to date information so that royalties can be paid out
• Protect the copyrights we represent by filing appropriate paperwork with the Copyright Office
• Other projects and responsibilities as needed in response to changing business requirements
Bring your VIBE:
• Music lovers who are passionate about serving songwriters and rights holders and protecting their intellectual property
• A collaborative team member able to work with the Copyright Director, Managers, Team Lead, and colleagues in the NA and Global Administration Teams
• Open-minded, flexible and positive people
• Goal-oriented individuals who work towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in achieving targets and serving internal and external customers
• Organized, detail-oriented people who can set priorities and plan workload efficiently so that client needs are met consistently
• Friendly and personable individuals who have a strong customer service mindset
• Someone who will consult with the Team Lead and Manager where appropriate to recommend solutions, solve problems, create efficiencies and complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
• Fast and accurate data-entry with attention to detail and understanding of how that data affects other departments
• Propose and implement solutions in response to day-to-day challenges within the role
• Perform research and analysis of documentation to determine the correct chain of title on historical works
• Experience with, or ability to learn basic legal terminology as it relates to contracts and copyright
• Comfortable with numbers, with knowledge or ability to learn how to do financial tasks and analysis, including royalty calculations and performance metrics
• Solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly data management and comparison in Excel
• Able to learn multiple, customized systems
• Strong written and verbal communication to work with a wide variety of audiences
• Responds appropriately to direction regarding deadlines, deliverables, key performance indicators and service levels
• Experience in the music publishing industry is helpful but not required, a willingness to learn the detail of the business and its process is important
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
U niversal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast and corporate clients.