Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Republic Records is looking for a dynamic Marketing Coordinator to support the Marketing Department. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented person, who can easily handle the coordinator duties listed below, as well as someone who can take on more responsibilities as they get established in the role. This will be a great opportunity for someone who can handle the day-to-day workload and will also be motivated to identify ways to contribute to the department.
In this dynamic position, the Hip Hop/R&B Marketing Coordinator will serve as a key member of the marketing team. The ideal candidate will possess extremely strong administrative, organizational, and creative skills. In addition, they should have a sense of urgency, eagerness to take initiative, outside the box approach, resourcefulness, and strong interpersonal communication skills. Prior marketing and administrative experience in the music/entertainment field is required.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Manage quarterly budget for roster including handling reservations, fund transfers, vendor setup, create requisitions, facilitate PO approval, rush requests, invoice troubleshooting, and vendor relations. Must have Uniport experience.
• Assist the Marketing Strategists with the implementation of various marketing & advertising campaigns.
• Manage artist promo schedules, coordinate artist travel & update artist growth
• Initiate and coordinate the design and manufacturing of promo and merch items such as posters, stickers, shirts, hoodies, etc.
• Draft agreements for music videos and independent contractors, as well as various authorization forms
• Assist with managing and organizing showcases, and events
• Participate in external artist related events such as shows, music festivals, and promo visits.
• Liaise with other departments including Radio, Publicity, Digital, A&R, Commerce, Finance, and Production.
• Collect, organize, and circulate all artist assets including photos, artwork, logos, music, bio, teasers, etc.- separate by marketing strategist
• Create and update all artist marketing decks, marketing timelines, and other project-related documents.
• Assist with administrative and day to day duties including answering, screening calls, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and conference calls.
• Booking travel, accommodations, and car services.
• Track expenses and submit monthly expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage audio and video release schedule documentation for both domestic and international releases.
• Communicate marketing drivers and pitch information for upcoming releases to digital streaming partners, including Spotify, Apple Music, Digster.fm, Vevo, YouTube, Pandora, Beatport, Amazon, etc.
• Distribute marketing agendas and record meeting minutes to circulate afterward.
• Use analytics tools to generate weekly reports on platforms such as Artist Portal, Swift, Mediabase, Spotify For Artists, Music Connect, Chartmetric, Next Big Sound, Buzz Angle, Shazam Music Insights, LinkFire, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
• 2 years of experience in office administrative capacity (music industry or marketing preferred).
• Experience working with Microsoft Word - Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Proficiency in Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere) preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be self-directed and extremely well organized.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work under time constraints.
• Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
• BS/BA in Business Administration or Marketing preferred.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.