Coordinator, Legal & Business Affairs
Universal Music GroupSydney, NS
Full Time Job
We are Universal Music Australia, part of the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters. We produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Australia is looking to appoint a Coordinator, Legal & Business Affairs (12-month parental leave contract) to join our Legal & Business Affairs department. This role is responsible for legal, secretarial, and administrative support to the Legal & Business Affairs team for Universal Music Australia, Universal Music New Zealand and Universal Music Publishing Australia.
• Drafting letters and contracts (including recording and licence agreements, A&R agreements, and content agreements) and other documents.
• Maintaining deed filing system - arranging for all agreements to be signed on behalf of the company, providing copies to appropriate departments.
• Actioning all expiry of rights requests.
• Liaising with the Licensing team to confirm and advise on relevant rights.
• Work with the A&R and Finance departments regarding the payment of record and video producers, photographers, designers etc.
• Applying for and renewing business and domain names.
• Drafting releases for live performances by artists.
• Preparing and reviewing competition terms and conditions.
• Assisting with general overflow legal work.
• General administrative and secretarial support.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Law degree (or student in final year) is essential.
• A good understanding of legal concepts and requirements, particularly relating to intellectual property.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office as well as fast, accurate typing skills
• Great organisation, time management and communication skills.
• Must be proactive.