Coordinator, Content Development and Production
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
In this role you will support the VP of Content in the development, production and commercialization of premium entertainment projects including films, television series and podcasts. This role comprises a combination of creative and administrative responsibilities and requires an individual with knowledge of content development practices and processes and with exceptional taste and creative instincts.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Provides overall support to the VP of Content
• Manage, monitor and maintain the team’s content development pipeline, including interface with third-party teams
• Support the content lead with department-related and project-related requests and initiatives
• Gather, assemble and present research and reporting across a range of subject matter
• Support and assist with the creation of development and sales materials including pitch decks, treatments, sizzles and promos
• Source and vet required talent based on project needs (producers, designers, writers, animators, etc.)
• Interface with all levels of the organization providing accurate and detailed project status updates and information across all stages of development and production
• Coordinate and interface with other UMG departments and companies, including: record label personnel, marketing teams, business affairs, public relations, merchandising and others
• Contribute thoughtful and specific creatives notes on active scripted and unscripted productions
• Coordinate with and be a resource for production teams, including talent scheduling and logistics
• Monitor and report on active productions
• Manage and organize the storage and retrieval of all project materials, including decks, dailies, trailers, sizzles, master files, etc.
• Contribute as a member of the Content team to ensure group success, including working closely with other creatives on the team and across the company.
Bring your VIBE:
• 3 years of premium content experience
• Demonstrate strong creative skills and ideation
• A love for and knowledge of music, streaming entertainment, television, movies and storytelling
• Excellent communication skills and collaborative demeanor is a must
• Proven experience working on premium content development and production
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products
• Experience and expertise in Keynote
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop
• Experience utilizing social media and entertainment media sources
• Maintain a professional demeanor with artists and production
• Ability to not take “no” for an answer
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing and complex environment
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Meets/exceeds requirements for this role
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.