Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Interscope Records is currently seeking a Coordinator who is very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. The right candidate will also possess a strong sense of discretion and confidentiality and will ideally have experience in supporting a team within a Business Affairs or music licensing environment.
The position will perform a variety of duties, and the candidate for this job must be able to liaise with all levels of personnel and departments, to help assist with the release of music and videos by label artists. This position has a strong focus on clearances and problem solving, and doing the necessary work to help accomplish the goals of the label and its artists.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who possesses a strong ability to multi-task, works well under pressure with tight time deadlines, and has a passion for music. Prefer a candidate with at least 2-3 years of music licensing experience, who is looking to take the next step in their career by learning a lot, and doing a lot.
How you'll CREATE:
• This position is responsible for providing support to the SVP of Business Affairs and members of the Business & Legal Affairs team.
• Answer phones and direct inquiries appropriately with the utmost professionalism and courtesy.
• Review incoming document deliveries and distribute accordingly.
• Schedule meetings and conference calls.
• Make travel arrangements and complete travel and expense reports.
• Assist with and be part of the team ensuring that all necessary side-artist and sample clearances are obtained for the release of a song and/or video.
• Assist with getting all necessary paperwork for processing payments.
• Advise and assist on clearance rights and splits for compilations and master use synch licenses
• Coordinate and participate on shared projects with all levels of staff
• Keep detailed and organized information tracking chart.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
• 2-3 years experience within entertainment or business legal affairs preferred
• BA in business administration, music, or related degree preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Must thrive in a fast pace environment and able to work under limited supervision
• Excellent written, verbal, and outgoing/upbeat interpersonal skills
• Highly dependable, proactive and can be relied upon to complete tasks
• Willingness to aggressively chase down information
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to perform research, summarize info and report back findings
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• FlexiblePaid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change