Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs Umle, Bilingual
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs UMLE, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE), a division of Universal Music Group (Vivendi), is a music company specializing in producing and distributing Latin Music under a variety of legendary record labels, as well as managing talent and producing events.
UMLE is currently seeking a Department Coordinator for the Business & Legal Affairs department based in Los Angeles. This role will provide paralegal support to attorneys in the company’s Los Angeles and Miami offices.
What Bandmember Are You?
• Provide support to attorneys in the Business and Legal Affairs Department.
• Track department workflow to ensure documents are sent to and received from third parties.
• Assist in preparing standard form agreements and other legal documents; draft and send letters, documents and other routine correspondence as requested.
• Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system in electronic and physical formats for contracts and corporate matters; create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis.
• Assist in legal clearance of all audio and video releases.
• Liaise with internal personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and handle administrative matters.
• Assist with periodic reports of all legal matters affecting the company, including liaising with other attorneys and departments within the company.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
• Minimum of four years of experience as a legal assistant and/or paralegal.
• Experience with record label, or music industry or corporate in-house paralegal strongly preferred.
• Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm or related area.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, DocuSign.
• Fluency in written and verbal Spanish.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Exhibit professional demeanor and sound judgment.
• Follow up on delegated assignments through completion.
• Interact well with all levels of organization with ability to communicate clearly.
• Self-starter who takes initiative and is resourceful, is excited to learn, flexible and takes ownership of tasks and projects.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; works well under pressure.
• Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
• Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, DocuSign.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.