Content Protection Representative
Universal Music GroupNY, NY
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group’s Content Protection & Anti-Piracy department is seeking Content Protection Representatives to support the execution of UMG’s global content protection strategies and to assist in the enforcement of UMG’s copyright worldwide. This position will play a junior, but pivotal role in UMG’s efforts to combat intellectual property theft.
The Content Protection department provides support to all UMG labels worldwide. The environment is often fast-paced and allows for opportunities to work on a diverse array of projects related to the management of audio and video content online.
What Bandmember Are You?
As a Content Protection Representative, you will primarily be responsible for reviewing and assessing UMG content using a variety of internal and external technology platforms for anti-piracy, copyright, and trademark infringement online.
How You Will Rock Your Role
• 0-2 years’ work experience in either Music industry or Digital Media, Entertainment, Technology or related fields
• 0-1 year experience within anti-piracy, copyright, trademark infringement a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Highly organized with a demonstrated attention to detail
• Self-starter with an ability to work both independently and with others as a member of a team
• Demonstrated understanding of digital technologies, especially music platforms and mobile apps
• Strong organizational skills including follow-through and execution
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent presentation skills (e.g. PowerPoint) along with a willingness to speak publicly amongst peers and senior managers
• Fluency in a second language: Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, or Portuguese
• Experience or understanding of Google Analytics or other analytics tools
• Experience in web development and/or database management (able to work with HTML, Java, Python, SQL, or other popular programming languages)
When applying, please attach an updated cover letter for review (required)
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.