Content Producer / Editor
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Content Producer/Editor (Originals Department)
Responsible to: Original Development Producer
Department: Rebel Labs
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group is looking for a content producer / editor to join their social media department, Rebel Labs. The role is to work as part of their original content team. The focus of this role will be programming initiatives for their empowered, fun, and sassy female social media brand, Moxi & Sass.
You'll be obsessed with internet youth culture, the latest TikTok and Reels memes, trends, dances, and viral videos.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Publishing content across all social platforms (TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat)
• Edit high-quality original video for all major social video platforms. A focus on compelling storytelling and creativity
• Create, update, and develop graphic assets for video content. Always be striving to make Rebel Labs original content better.
• Select and optimise effective thumbnails from edits.
• Help film in-house content.
• Research, pitch, plan, storyboard and collaborate on existing and new original projects
• Lead & produce high-quality socially led original shows for different audiences and platforms.
• Be comfortable directing and running interviews with UMG artists or any other type of in-house shoot.
• Develop bespoke ideas and edits for different platforms to engage our audiences across them.
• Manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Develop and ensure the appropriate overall style, tone, and quality for our social media brands.
• Ensure all video content is delivered on time, within tight deadlines.
• Keep up to date and understand the latest trends and developments in social video across platforms.
• Help setting up a studio for multiple types of shoots. Anything from interviews to design creation (make-up tutorials, sneaker customisation etc)
• An enthusiastic and personable team player, highly self-motivated, problem solver and willing to go the extra mile.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and are able to communicate effectively with team members, managers, and UMG talent.
• A passion for music, youth culture and social media is essential.
• Creative thinker, not afraid to try new ideas to enhance formats and styles within our brands.
• Must be accustomed to working to tight deadlines and be extremely well organised with excellent attention to detail.
• No job is too big or too small - you could be working on a large commercial campaign one day and TikTok cutdowns the next.
• Experience producing & directing video shoots.
• Experience filming with a DSLR camera, in a studio environment, operating studio lighting and green screen.
• High technical video editing proficiency and experience working with Premiere Pro, After Effects (For motion GFX) and Photoshop.
• Experience working at a video publisher producing content for major social platforms, with particular attention to Snapchat Discover, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.