Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Verve Label Group (VLG), a division of Universal Music Group based in New York City, comprises some of the greatest label imprints in jazz, classical, and beyond including Decca Records, Decca Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, Impulse!, Verve Records, and Verve Forecast, among others. VLG’s current roster includes Max Richter, Jon Batiste, Diana Krall, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank, and the Bangas, J.S. Ondara, S.G. Goodman, Blake Mills, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham, and many more.
How we LEAD:
The Verve Label Group is currently looking for a Content Assistant to support the label. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the music/entertainment field in a supporting role and be able to multi-task and prioritize.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Act as a point of contact related to video production and post-production workflows
• Assist with the management of video content including scheduling, tracking, and delivery of assets
• Work with in-house UMG video production team
• Manage video assets in our UMG proprietary systems
• Help organize label events including showcases, listening events, etc
• Execute special projects and assist with project campaigns and content capture
• Place free good requests (Egratis)
• Liaise with other departments, including Publicity, Digital, Revenue, Sync, Branding, International, Production, Creative, etc
• Work in concert with other assistants at the label and coordinate duties when necessary
Bring your VIBE:
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management and with employees of companies with which we do business
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task under pressure
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Mac or PC experience (proficiency in MS Word & Excel, PowerPoint)
• Internet savvy
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Highly motivated with networking ability
• Able to work in a very fast and energetic environment
• Must have working knowledge of video file formats (Apple Pro Res, H.264, etc)
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or video editing software a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.