Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is looking for a communications/branding specialist with a passion for music, to join our global data and analytics team based in Santa Monica.
This position will report into the D&A Product Director and will be responsible for producing compelling data visualizations, presentations, email communications, and/or logos/graphics/ color schemes that translate complex analytical results into concise and compelling presentation/story for both internal and external audiences.
Creating clear and concise (and visually pleasing) communication is essential for this role, as is the ability to collaborate with leadership positions within the business, as well as a growing team of data scientists, analysts, and statisticians on a wide variety of initiatives. These initiatives will require skillful transformation of analytical results and often complex concepts into easy to understand visual narratives that clearly articulate strategy, drive new initiatives, or communicate value propositions and tangible next steps to stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for communication through copywriting, illustration visual stories and graphics, using PPT, Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote. In addition to having profound communication in creating presentations and visual stories, you are able to project manage initiatives independently, are resourceful, confident under pressure, and comfortable working in a fast paced, growth-oriented, environment.
• Excellent graphic design and visual story-telling ability
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop, and Keynote
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Able to communicate successfully with leadership, stakeholders and staff
• Detail oriented, organized, and proactive
• Passion/interest in music
• Able to travel internationally
• 3-5 years’ experience in a creative agency or corporation, developing and/or marketing a brand or product
• Experience as a communication specialist, copy-writer, editor, or journalist-type role where you have developed creative narratives, presentations/visual stories.
• Prior experience project managing deliverables, and 3rd party vendors
• BS/BA degree in data-visualization and storytelling, information design, graphic design, communications, business analytics, or related areas.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.