Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/21/2021 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Commercial Analyst jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Commercial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Commercial Analyst?
Full Time Job
Job title: Commercial Analyst
Responsible to: Director of Commercial Intelligence
Department: Commercial Intelligence (UK Commercial Division)
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The successful candidate will work within a team dedicated to providing first class commercial intelligence. The role requires the delivery of projects, both solo and team based, covering multiple stakeholders and areas of the business. The team also delivers trend and performance analysis across the market and major business partners.
In all cases, the analysis delivered should culminate in key learnings, and where appropriate strategic recommendations, always with the intention of adding value to the business.
To that end, the role requires a keen commercial acumen, alongside strong analytical and inter-personal skills, project management, critical thinking and a proactive approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate will be proficient in using SQL to query data and have knowledge of other data programming languages. Understanding of analytical models would also be beneficial.
The B Side: Skills and Experience
• Query data using SQL
• Keep abreast of new technological, Business Partner and industry developments with a view to how they impact the analysis undertaken by then team
• Deliver established market, channel and partner analysis. This can cover all aspects of the business from demographic trends to revenue tracking
• Deliver adhoc project work on the market, partners, or broader strategic questions
• Support the UK labels with any analysis requirements
Be a team player
• Work with the other members of the team, or other departments in the Commercial Division, to support the analytical needs of the business
• Maintain and build relationships with other analysts in the business, to maximise shared learning
• Prepare and give internal presentations
• Highly numerate and results orientated with a clear focus on high quality, attention to detail, and profit maximisation
• Excellent IT skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
• Solid understanding of SQL
• Knowledge of Google Big Query is desirable
• Proactive and a keen problem solver
• Proven ability to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach
• Diligent and reliable, capable of managing and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously and to a high standard, both autonomously and as part of a team
• Able to work on their own as well as part of a team and with management at all levels of the business
• Very familiar with current issues and trends; stays ahead of the game and can produce innovative ideas, approaches, insights and identify opportunities by applying business and industry knowledge
• Technically confident; ideally with a personal interest in new media, digital and all technology; understands key terminology and communicates effectively with experts and novices alike
• Confident in presenting to both small and large groups
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.