Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 8/15/2019 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Commercial Analyst jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Commercial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Commercial Analyst? Description
Job title: Commercial Analyst
Responsible to: Director of Commercial Intelligence
Department: Commercial Intelligence (UK Commercial Division)
Location of work: Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The successful candidate will work within a team dedicated to providing first class commercial intelligence. The role requires the delivery of trend and performance analysis across both the Market and Business Partners. There will also responsible for delivering ad-hoc project work.
In all cases, the analysis delivered should culminate in key learning, and where appropriate strategic recommendations, always with the intention of adding value to the business.
To that end, the role requires a keen commercial acumen, alongside strong analytical and inter-personal skills, project management and a proactive approach to problem solving.
The B Side: Skills and ExperienceBe analytical
• Deliver established market, channel and partner analysis. This can cover all aspects of the business from demographic trends to revenue tracking.
• Work with the other members of the team, or other departments in the Commercial Division, to support the analytical needs of the business.
• Deliver ad-hoc project work on the market, partners, or broader strategic questions.
• Support the UK labels with any analysis requirements.
• Maintain and build relationships with other analysts in the business, to maximise shared learning.
• Prepare and give internal presentations.
• Keep abreast of new technological, Business Partner and industry developments with a view to how they impact the analysis undertaken by then team.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent (a commercial subject at degree level is advantageous).
• Highly numerate and results orientated with a clear focus on high quality, attention to detail, and profit maximisation.
• Excellent IT skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
• Knowledge of SQL, Tableau and Google Big Query desirable.
• Proactive and a keen problem solver.
• Proven ability to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach.
• Diligent and reliable, capable of managing and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously and to a high standard, both autonomously and as part of a team.
• Able to work on their own as well as part of a team and with management at all levels of the business.
• Very familiar with current issues and trends; stays ahead of the game and can produce innovative ideas, approaches, insights and identify opportunities by applying business and industry knowledge.
• Technically confident; ideally with a personal interest in new media, digital and all technology; understands key terminology and communicates effectively with experts and novices alike.
• Confident in presenting to both small and large groups.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.