Catalogue Streaming Representative
Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
Full Time Job
JOB OPPORTUNITY – CATALOGUE STREAMING
(3 MONTH CONTRACT)
Closing Date: July 27, 2021
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love music and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Director of Streaming, you’d be assisting the both the Streaming and the Catalogue Marketing team in overseeing and executing all aspects of our owned playlist strategy and assisting with streaming initiatives to increase catalogue consumption. The ideal candidate is a well-organized self-starter, with a keen ear for music of all genres and possesses a curiosity to learn about streaming platforms. In addition to being organized and resourceful, a strong knowledge of current marketing trends would be a definite asset.
• Curating a selection of Universal Owned Playlists (Digster) across multiple platforms
• Investigating and producing new themes for potential playlists
• Analyzing data to make informed curation decisions
• Assisting with marketing of owned playlists both on and off streaming platforms
• International correspondence to help promote domestic product globally
• Participating in brainstorms around artist projects & campaigns and sharing your outside the box ideas
• Participating in internal communication regarding playlist performance and streaming trends/initiatives.
• Contributing to a positive, dynamic work environment
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 year of experience in the music industry
• High knowledge and experience with streaming platforms an asset
• Ability to read and understand KPIs in relation to music consumption
• Exceptional communication, organizational & priority setting skills
• Highly efficient, solution-oriented individual
• Knowledge and passion for music
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Docs and Sharepoint would be an asset
Please apply before July 27, 2021
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, black people, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQIA2S , and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.